Relish the DC dining scene
Considering our proximity to many of the city’s embassies and diplomatic outposts, it should come as no surprise that our restaurant scene reflects global influences, too. A mélange of ethnic eats awaits at Estadio (contemporary Spanish fare in a festive, bustling space), Lupo Verde (authentic, rustic Italian cuisine plus housemade vermouth and liquors), Kapnos (Mike Isabella’s Greek-inspired menu, including signature wood-grilled octopus), and Baan Thai (authentic Thai dishes and Japanese delicacies in a friendly, casual environment).
So whether you’re seeking fresh seafood from the nearby coast or exotic dishes inspired by destinations half a world away, we promise you’ll leave happy, full, and craving a return meal soon. Here are a few more of our local favorites:
- Pearl Dive Oyster Palace: Enjoy scrumptious, sustainable seafood at this Gulf-style bar and restaurant (or grab a cocktail and tasty snacks upstairs at Black Jack).
- Etto: Rustic-chic Italian eatery preparing wood-fired pizzas, complemented by pours from the owner's winery.
- Doi Moi: Savor modern Vietnamese fare in a hip space with bursts of color; afterward, enjoy a carefully crafted cocktail at downstairs speakeasy 2 Birds 1 Stone.
- Birch and Barley: “555 beers meets modern American cooking” (afterward, head upstairs to beer mecca ChurchKey ).
- Le Diplomate: Get transported to the “City of Light” at this high-energy gem — part brasserie, part café, part bistro — where French fare delights.
- Bar Pilar: A neighborhood staple known for handcrafted cocktails and an eclectic array of small plates featuring New American cuisine that’s inspired by regional farms.
- Ted’s Bulletin: All-day breakfasts, boozy milkshakes, and hearty suppers like house-cut steaks with onion straws.
- The Pig: “A celebration of pork and the whole animal,” with a menu that’s uniquely prepared, seasonal, and local.
- Sotto: A cozy speakeasy serving retro-inspired cocktails and American eats (think smoked meats, seafood dishes, and veggies galore).
- Dolcezza: Daily-made gelato and expertly crafted coffee drinks.
- Slipstream: Coffee and cocktails plus dishes ranging from breakfast bowls and avocado toasts to Lancaster County cheese plates and freshly baked pastries.